Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Taking a break from the normal stresses.

I have finally gotten over having the flu, at least for the most part. I haven't had much of a chance to get back on any of my projects since, as I have been swamped between work, school, and getting over the flu. I plan to get back on the .50 as soon as possible, and the Suomi as well. I've gotten a small heap of parts in for another project. Here's a quick pic of what is lined up after the Suomi.



I'll throw this out there- I have a bunch of parts left over from another partial Suomi kit to use with these stock pieces. 10 bonus internets to whoever can figure out what I'm going to build.

I did have a full day on my hands today wherein I wouldn't have anything to do, so my girlfriend and I decided to head to take a break from our schoolwork and other stuff and head to the range. We hadn't been shooting since school started, so we needed the practice and the relaxation that comes along with it.

She and I have been shooting together for years, but the other night a program came on the television discussing the M16. The program caught her attention, and inquired if I had any of those. I smiled, because I have had AR pattern rifles for quite some time. She has refused to shoot them before, but all of a sudden she showed interest in shooting a black rifle.









Now we're back from the range, and I am feeling a bit thirsty.

Perhaps I'll get some more machining done on the Suomi next week, or get the .50 bipod or extractor done. This week, I just needed a bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment