Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gun Blogger Rendezvous

Well, as Kevin has mentioned here, I'll be in Reno, Nevada this September for the annual Gun Blogger Rendezvous. Thanks to Kevin's "bigger-than-Texas" generosity, he has given me the use of his airline vouchers he has previously mentioned on his blog. That saved me a good chunk of money on airline fare, and I've got some good friends there in Reno who have offered me free lodging for the weekend. He has also mentioned that I intend to have my .50 BMG there, and hopefully a couple other items there I haven't started on yet.

I've heard for years from the anti-gunners out there that us gunnies are the most dangerous people on the face of the earth and shouldn't even be trusted with power tools, but I have to tell you, the gun bloggers I've met and spoke with have all been some of the finest, most upstanding people I've ever known.


I'm not sure if any of my readers will be heading that way, but if you are, I'd love to meet you and buy you a frosted barley pop or share a box of ammo. Just look for the tall, broad shouldered bearded guy with the black duster jacket (if it gets cool enough), single action .44 mag on his hip, and a Stetson on his head. You may even catch the slight aroma of fresh gun bluing or Duracoat on me.


A tip of the Stetson to Kevin at The Smallest Minority for the air vouchers, and another tip of the hat to GG and GB over at Girls <3 Guns for the lodging.

No comments:

Post a Comment