Monday, June 3, 2013

The puzzle piece AR15 receiver, (or my personal contribution to the gun control movement.)

I have heard a number of calls for gun bans for quite some time, especially for anything that looks or functions like the AR15. Over and over again, we are told that if we just get rid of the AR15, peace and prosperity will once again touch our nation. Criminals will realize the futility of their actions since they are no longer permitted access to the most dangerous and most powerful firearm ever known to man, and will voluntarily disarm and change professions. School buses full of children will no longer be at risk of being blown off the road by some madman, spray firing from the hip a black rifle with one of those never-ending 30 round clips magazines. Aircraft can safely transverse the skies once more, with no worries of one random skilled shot from the overwhelmingly powerful 5.56x45 cartridge.

Given that our benevolent government has worked so hard to protect us from.........uh, us, through their decision to ignore all the somewhat important issues and instead concentrate on the arbitrary non-issues really important issues, I thought it was time to show my appreciation for their efforts.

This is a AR15 lower receiver. Or rather, several of them.


So is this.




What is this, exactly?

It is what I like to refer to as a puzzle-piece AR15 lower. It is yet another way for someone to build a gun with little to no special tooling. While it was originally intended to be welded together, it could be soldered, brazed, epoxied, or even drilled and bolted together.

That's correct, you can make an evil black rifle death machine high capacity ammunitions GUN that momma .gov has no control over, nor proof it exists. No paperwork, no background check, no problem.


Here is how they ship.



And here it is, mocked up for assembly.


(No, I don't make them. Don't email me and try to order one. If you want one, I'll ask the manufacturer when he plans to offer them to the public, and I'll put up a post about it.)


So, to all the gun control proponents out there who wish to deprive me of life, liberty, and pursuit of owning one of every firearm made (at least one, maybe more)........go ahead, buy one. You know you want to.

19 comments:

  1. SWEET!

    Big Gov keeps trying, but they haven't learned that "You Can't Stop The Signal"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup.
      Short of un-inventing steel and mandating frontal lobotomy's, it ain't gonna happen.

      Delete
  2. yuk-yuk!

    Maybe we need to invent Transparent Aluminum to make to lowers out of.

    Hey, if you can't see it, it doesn't exist, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. A Plexiglas lower receiver.......
      Wheels are turning.....

      Delete
  3. Plexi might be a bit brittle.

    I'm thinking maybe Lexan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato, potahto. =)

      I do know of one individual machining one out of bronze. I have to admit it looks really cool.

      The only downside to this steel one is weight. Dang this thing is heavy.

      Delete
    2. I believe the polycarbonate, the generic of DuPont's trade name, Lexan, is the polymer that is used in polymer AR lowers.

      This is the stuff from which automotive headlights are made.

      Delete
  4. TRE that first paragraph made me laugh so hard I have a bit of Michelob Ultra in my sinuses now.
    "Aircraft can safely transverse the skies once more, with no worries of one random skilled shot from the overwhelmingly powerful 5.56x45 cartridge. "
    You forgot Jesse Jackson's assertion that an AR15 can 'splode locomotives as well.
    According to Jesse a single 5.56 round has the same effect as a P51 Mustang strafing a Steam Locomotive with 6 .50 cal machine guns.
    Jesse really shouldn't free base and smoke crak at the same time while watching the Military History Channel. It's bad for his remembery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't pay Jesse any more attention than I do a bearded hobo that lives under an overpass and continually refers to himself as Jesus Christ in the third person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"d deal with the weight, please your your associate if he would be willing to sell one or two of those down my way. I would appreciate it sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crud that SHOULD have said please ASK your associate if he would be willing to sell one or two down my way.

      Delete
    2. GreyLocke, I will pass that on.
      Drop me an email and I will forward some information to you about them.

      Delete
  7. Do you MIG weld these together? I'm considering trying one of these but I'm not sure at what points you would weld the pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did MIG weld some of the joints together, and then TIG welded the rest.
      Do the pistol grip area first, then the side plates above that. Weld in the corners where the parts "step" from one to another, then mill or grind the weld flat.

      Delete
  8. I would love to order one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My question is " In the magwell where is the groove to suite the raised portion of the mag ? the raised area just underneath the hole in the mag ? Btw tried to join weaponeer site. Applied last week & not heard back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know anything about weaponeer. I don't go to that site.

      The mag well is wide enough to support the entire mag. Add pieces of sheetmetal filler to suit.

      Delete
    2. Ok! thanks." Sheet metal filler" eh ??? You should also sell the 1& 3/16 16 tpi tap as well. I love your stuff & might contact you again later when my kit turns up cheers

      Delete