Friday, December 13, 2013

Machineguns are awesome.


Well, my semester finals are officially over, thus giving me back some free time once again.

I've got some updating to do and some new projects to document, as well as some parts reviews to do, so hopefully I'll have the engines running here again soon.

What did you do over your Thanksgiving weekend?

Me?

I had an 07FFL SOT come by the house with a Suomi kit built into a post 86 MG.

There is no doubt in my mind that it was likely one of my favorite machineguns I've ever shot. Shooting my semiauto Suomis is just dull and depressing now.

Here is a collage of the different machineguns the FFL brought with him, a H&K 51k, a H&K 53k, an M16, and the Suomi he built.









6 comments:

  1. Sure looks like you guys had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside of someone shooting back at you, is there any way to NOT have fun when shooting a machinegun?

      Delete
    2. heh-heh....

      I've never fired full-auto so I don't know from experience, but I'll sure take your word on it!

      Delete
    3. Put it on the bucket list.
      If you shoot a machinegun once and don't like it, I'll pay for the ammo.
      Just pick which particular bullet made you unhappy, and I'll reimburse you for the cost of that bullet.
      =)

      Delete
  2. I remember back in '85 in basic training at Ft. Sill, we fired M16A1's and M60's FA. Then I later got to fire an AKM. I actually enjoyed shooting the AKM more as I could consistently rip off a 2 round burst with it, where with the M16A1 I was only able to get off 3-4 round bursts. The M60 though is way too big and heavy, but I could get 2-3 round bursts out of it all the time. Still FA is very fun. As long as you aren't paying for the ammo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On behalf of the taxpayers that paid your ammo bill, you're welcome. =)
      And thank you in return for your service.

      I actually like the AKM platform. Not my favorite MG to shoot, but still fun.

      Delete